1. Always remove jewelry before showering or bathing and never swim with jewelry (chlorine is damaging) If exposed to water, make sure you dry it immediately.
2. Swarovski Crystals and Pearls may be damaged by direct contact with sprays such as hairsprays, perfumes, deodorants or detergents and salt water. Do keep your jewelry away from dust and dirt.
3. Store jewelry in soft cloth or soft pouches separately. Moisture, especially in an enclosed storage space, will tarnish sterling silver, loosen jeweler cement (used for stone setting) and weaken springs and clasps. Anti-tarnish paper is ideal to store with your jewelry.
4. Never use toothpaste or baking soda to clean your costume jewelry... This is too abrasive!
5. To clean jewelry use warm water and a PH balanced soap. Dry thoroughly.
6. If you purchase a commercial cleaning agent, make sure the label states it is safe for gemstones. If you are ever in question about how to clean a certain piece of jewelry, see a reputable jeweler.
7. Do not wash simulated pearls. They should be buffed with a soft cloth.
8. Precious and semi-precious gem stones and beads are porous. The natural minerals these gem stones are made of can chip or crack. Be careful not to hit them on hard surfaces when storing or wearing your gem stone jewelry. Do not expose this jewelry to high temperatures like saunas.
9. Do not use sonic cleaners, boiling water or ammonia cleaners.
10. Enjoy your jewelry, but care for each piece like an old friend.
Source - Web