Retaining the finish and value of your gemstone jewellery is quite easy. It's simply a matter of knowing what and what not to do.
1. The best single piece of advise is to wipe your precious stone jewellery with a clean, soft damp cloth after wearing. This little habit will ensure that your jewellery is always looking its best.
2. When your gemstone jewellery is not being worn, storage in a soft pouch is recommended.
3. There are some things to avoid.
- Salt water and harsh chemicals such as chlorine bleach or detergents can cause damage. The chemicals erode the finish and polish of the gems leaving them dull.Hairspray, perfume and perspiration can also cause dullness if not regularly cleaned off.
4. Because gemstones differ so much, so do their cleaning procedures. It really is best to have your Showcase jeweller advise you on them individually. We can also check its condition and advise you of any repairs that may be necessary to restore its full beauty and value.