1. During the last run on gold in the 70's and 80's the price of gold increased by 20 times
2. There is a fall in gold production worldwide that is adding to its scarcity
3. India and China have a veracious appetite for gold and as their economy powers forward they will drive up the gold price through demand and the limited supply globally
4. There have been no new discoveries of gold deposits recently and it can take up to ten years to bring a new mine to full production.
5. When ever the world is on the verge of a recession people turn to gold as it is provides security.
6. It does not deteriorate and will last for ever
7. It is sought after for jewellery and electronic manufacture
8. Governments can print paper money quickly, but they cannot just produce gold
9. No other investment has the wealth preserving power of gold
10. The Gold price will continue to be pushed by the current American debt and trade crisis.
11. Gold is an inflation-proof investment
12. Gold is the only truly international currency